480 West Lowder Street
Macclenny Florida 32063
WIC is a special supplemental food and nutrition education program for Women, Infants, and Children.
Who is eligible for WIC?
To be eligible, one must be:
- A pregnant woman
- A breastfeeding woman
- Non-breastfeeding woman whose infant is less than 6 months old
- An infant or a child under 5 years old
- Have a low or moderate income (you do not have to be on public assistance to qualify)
- Be at nutritional risk
What do I need to qualify for WIC?
You will need a height and weight measurement and a blood test for hemoglobin or hematocrit from a doctor (WIC referral form)
WIC helps because it provides:
- Healthy food such as milk, eggs, cheese, cereal, juice, beans or peanut butter, formula
- Nutrition education to help you and your family eat better and save money
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Healthcare referrals
Even working families may qualify for WIC. Adjusted income eligibility guidelines are used in determining the income eligibility of persons applying to participate in the WIC Program. Contact the local WIC office for financial determination and program eligibility.