480 West Lowder Street
Macclenny Florida 32063
Healthy Start helps those who are pregnant, those who are between pregnancies, and infants up to age 3 by providing care coordination, case management, education, and connections to other resources to promote health and wellness in parents and babies. Our Healthy Start staff members provide customized care to meet the unique needs of each parent or baby. Services are voluntary and provided free of charge.
Healthy Start Services:
Your Care Coordinator will meet you at your doctor or pediatrician's office, your home, or any other place that is convenient for you. We can provide:
- Education and information about having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Parenting education and support
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Women's health education and support
- Childbirth education and classes
- Provides tobacco-free education and support
- Providing care coordination and referrals to other agencies as needed.
- Anyone who is pregnant or who has an infant under the age of 3 years is eligible for Healthy Start.
- Must be a Florida resident.
- There are no income requirements.
How do I enroll in Healthy Start?
As soon as you think you might be pregnant, schedule a visit with you obstetrician or healthcare provider. Ask for the Healthy Start prenatal risk screen, which is a simple confidential questionnaire completed by you and your medical provider. If you would like to enroll in Healthy Start after your baby is born, ask your hospital of birth for the Healthy Start infant risk screen questionnaire or ask your pediatrician for a Healthy Start referral. Once we receive your screening questionnaire, we will reach out to you to start services.
You can also call the Florida Department of Health in Baker County at 904-259-6291.