480 West Lowder Street
Macclenny Florida 32063
Our Environmental Health office is now located at 480 West Lowder Street, in the Baker County Health Department building. You may reach us at 904-259-3569 or fax us at 904-259-5384. Office hours are from 8am to 4:30pm.
A safe and healthy environment is crucial to the well being of each individual. Environmental Health programs are an essential part of Florida's Public Health services. These programs are aimed at preventing or reducing health risks that may occur in our daily surroundings.
Our agency continuously works to keep the environment around you safe. We offer the following
- Regulation, permitting, and inspection of septic tank systems
- Regulation/Inspection of public swimming pools and bathing places
- Regulation/Inspection of group care facilities, migrant labor camps, recreational camps, recreational vehicle parks and mobile home parks
- Regulation/Inspection of food hygiene service facilities in schools, hospitals, child care centers, theaters, detention facilities, civic and fraternal organizations, group homes and bars/lounges
- Investigate cases and outbreaks of food or waterborne diseases
- Regulation/Inspection of tanning facilities and massage establishments
- Regulation/Inspection of body art facilities and biomedical waste facilities
- Information and consultation on residential indoor air quality and lead monitoring service
- Investigate complaints of sanitary nuisances.
For more information on our services and fees, please call: (904) 259-3569 or visit the Florida Healthy Environments website listed below.
Florida Environmental Public Health Tracking Program
In collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Florida Environmental Public Health Tracking Program is pleased to announce the launch of its online portal
Florida Statutes and Administrative Code
Chapter 381- PUBLIC HEALTH: GENERAL PROVISIONS
Chapter 386 - PARTICULAR CONDITIONS AFFECTING PUBLIC HEALTH
Florida Administrative Code
64E-6 Onsite Sewage
64E-8 Limited Use Water
64E-11 Food Hygiene
64E-16 Biomedical Waste
64E-19 Body Piercing