Baker Dental Clinic
480 West Lowder Street
Macclenny Florida 32063
Children ages 3-20 are eligible for dental treatment at the Florida Department of Health in Baker County. Children 2 and under are referred to a children’s dentist who has the special equipment needed for a child’s small mouth. We accept: MCNA, Liberty, and Dentaquest Medicaid plans. Patients who are not Medicaid eligible are charged for services on a sliding fee scale according to income.
Dental School Bussing Program
The Florida Department of Health in Baker County and the Baker County School Board-Dental Program is a cooperative effort between the DOH Baker dental department and all the Baker County Schools PreK-12. Eligible students are bussed to the Health Department Dental Clinic during school hours for comprehensive dental care.
The following groups of students are eligible for the bussing program:
- Children on Medicaid ages 3-20
- Children on other need-based programs who are unable to obtain dental care in the community.
How it works:
- Students are given a dental health history/consent packet at the beginning of each school year to sign up. Parents/Guardians fill out the paperwork for entry/consent into the program.
- Each school nurse collects permission slips and coordinates the visits with the dental program staff.
- Students are bussed over in groups of five or six for the dental visit.
- Children are provided an area to socially distance and can work on schoolwork/health activities while waiting for their appointment.
- The dental department sends a letter home with each child explaining what dental procedures were done, and what treatment is still needed.
Any parent interested in the program should contact the school nurse at your child's school.