It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Baker County Health Department
480 West Lowder Street
Macclenny Florida 32063
Death Certificate - Death certificates can only be obtained for those who have died in Baker County.
- $10.00 each certified copy
- $5.00 Expedite Fee
This office has death certificates for deaths which occurred in Baker County only.
- Death certificates are public record. Anyone may obtain certified copies excluding the cause of death information.
- By law, certified copies of death certificates which include the cause of death may only be issued to the decedent's spouse, parent, child, grandchild or sibling or anyone who provides a will, insurance policy or other documentation that demonstrates their interest in the estate of the decedent or anyone who provides documentation that he or she is acting on behalf of any of the previously mentioned persons, or by court order.
- Cause of death becomes public information after 50 years from the date of death. By Florida law, the cause of death is considered confidential prior to that time.
To obtain a death certificate for those deaths which occurred in Baker County.
- Complete a death certificate application
- Provide proof of identification
- Meet minimum age requirement of 18 years old
Connect with DOH