Vulnerable populations at risk for severe COVID-19:
Certain populations are at greater risk of progressing to severe disease and warrant more significant consideration for prophylaxis or treatment.
- Patients who are older (≥65 years), have comorbidities, or are immunocompromised are at higher risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19.
- When necessary, providers should prioritize treating patients at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19 illness, including older and immunocompromised individuals and those with clinical risk factors.
No events at this time
The AAP has published two new policy statements; “Countering Vaccine Hesitancy” and “Medical Versus Non-Medical Immunization Exemptions for Child Care and School Attendance,” for the September issue of Pediatrics. In light of these statements, we would like remind our partners and colleagues of some of the resources available on the AAP and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) websites to support clinicians in their vaccination efforts and conversations with parents.Provider Resources for Vaccine Conversations with Parents
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez Joins Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo to Highlight National HIV Testing Day
- Treatment Locator
- Provider Alert Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccines
- Governor Desantis Freedom First Budget Signing Ensures a Healthier Future for Floridians
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals