Baker County Health Department
480 West Lowder Street
Macclenny Florida 32063
What is Eligibility and why would I need it?
Eligibility, or social service assessments, offer clients a sliding fee scale based on household income. Our counselors can determine your cost of medical care through the health department, and may suggest other services and programs that you may not be aware of.
What do I need to bring?
To determine eligibility, you will need to bring the following documents to your interview:
- IDENTIFICATION - Driver's License or other picture identification for applicant, spouse, and minor children.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY - Current utility bill (water, phone, electric) or lease/rent paperwork (receipt/agreement).
- PROOF OF INCOME - Current statement for bank accounts (checking, savings, stocks, bonds, certificate of deposit)
- Last four (4) pay stubs, or
- Letter from employer on company letterhead stating hourly wage and number of hours worked.
- Award letter from Social Security (if applicable)
- Proof of child support (if you receive this income)
If you are self employed, you will need your latest income tax return showing profit and loss OR a record of profit and expenses.