Baker Dental Clinic
480 West Lowder Street
Macclenny Florida 32063
- Bussing Program
The Baker County Health Department and Baker County School Board Dental Program is a cooperative effort between the Dental Department, Baker County Middle School, Keller Intermediate School, and Baker County High School whereby eligible children are "bussed" to the Health Department during school hours for dental care.
The following Groups of students are eligible for the bussing program:
- Children on Medicaid, ages 3-20
- Children on other need-based programs who are unable to obtain dental care in the community
How It Works
- Students are brought to the Health Department five or six students at a time.
- Children are provided with a desk so that they can complete their school work while waiting for their appointment.
- The school nurse will collect permission slips and coordinate the visits with the school and Dental Department.
- The Dental Department will send a letter home with each child explaining what dental procedures were done, and what treatment is still needed.
Any parent interested in the program should contact the school nurse.
Parents are encouraged to contact the dentist at the Health Department if they have any specific questions or concerns.
Teachers who know of a child who is in need of this service are also advised to contact the school nurse.