- Birth certificates are not public record
- Birth certificates can only be issued to
- The registrant (the child on the record) if of legal age or
- Parent, guardian or legal representative of one of the persons or
- By court order. Court order must be dated and updated with one year of issuance.
- If the registrant is deceased, upon receipt ofthe dealth certificate, the birth certificate can be issued to the spouse, child, grandchild, sigblin, if of legal age, or a legal representative of any of these persons as well as the parent. The birth certificate with be stamped Deceased.
Any person born in the State of Florida can receive a copy of their birth certificate at the Baker County Health Department by accomplishing the following.
- Complete a birth certificate application (available at the health department)
- Provide proof of identification
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years old.